I Am Thankful For:
10. Beta Readers- Mine have been awesome. Brutally honest, but always with great respect and encouragement. I'd truly be lost without them and have learned soooooo much from them!
9. Absolute Write- Seriously, this site has changed my life in more ways than I can begin to name.
8. Blogging- Never even heard of it until this year. It's addicting and fun and I can easily spend hours a day reading them.
6. SM- Yes that does stand for THEE Stephenie Meyer. I was inspired to write because of her. Not because I wanted to write about vampires and werewolves (I don't), but because I discovered that I want to write. Who knew?
5. My Father- My dad has always supported EVERYTHING I do and this fairly new venture into writing is no different. He is the wind beneath my wings and he never stops encouraging me to find whatever it is in life that makes me happy.
4. My Husband- My dear, sweet, patient husband who continues to be supportive and love me and encourage me even though I've been having an affair. (With my laptop people, not another man!!! Geesh.)
3. Other Writers- I can't tell you how many people I have come to know though writing. From people I've met on AW to those on blogs to those I've met through others, there is NOTHING in the world as amazing and supportive as those in the writing community.
3. My Late Grandma, Birdy- She was the one who helped me learn to accept constructive criticism. An essential to make it in this business.
2. My Laptop- I could not have done all the writing I have done without it. THANKS DADDY!
1. Angie and Naomi- God. Where do I even start? Amazing. Talented. Beautiful. Caring. Supportive. And most importantly, my friends. Their guidance and help (both inside and outside the world of writing) has meant more to me than I can ever begin to express in words (which seems silly considering I'm a "writer" but when it comes to them, I'm verklempt). I heart them so much!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo to you both :-)
What about you all? What are you thankful for this year in the world of writing?